VACANCY AT SHAKTI
Working with Shakti will provide you with a good insight into various ethnic communities as well as the mainstream, Maori and Pacific Island communities in New Zealand. We consider Passion and Commitment towards the cause of bringing about social change as the single most deciding factor for employment. Of course, that means dedication and determination to work from the heart, especially to help achieve the overall well-being of disadvantaged ethnic women and children and thereby ethnic families.
We also welcome Volunteers and Student Placements all year round!
- Counselling/ Telecounselling Coordinator (Psychology) – https://nz.indeed.com/viewjob?t=crisis+line+centre+coordinator&jk=991b4637e5a7416d&_ga=2.129337612.1622471119.1579149096-1153996987.1507854622
- Hindi Speaking Case worker – https://nz.indeed.com/viewjob?t=social+worker&jk=a2a4b64fed201539&_ga=2.168290337.1622471119.1579149096-1153996987.1507854622
- Hindi Speaking Youth Case Worker & Youth Advocate – https://nz.indeed.com/viewjob?t=youth+case+worker+youth+advocate&jk=86d103b9ce46f2bc&_ga=2.138186032.1622471119.1579149096-1153996987.1507854622
Send your CV and Cover Letter to Sonal via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
1) POSITION : Vacancy for counsellors
Part-time or Fee-based COUNSELLOR needed in Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington.
Do you see yourself as being a part of a dynamic team driven by the need to create a violence-free
society and enable emotional wellness within communities?
If yes, you must have a qualification in Counselling and/or Psychology from New Zealand and have
language proficiency in at least ONE of the following Languages: Hindi, Mandarin, Cantonese,
Arabic, Farsi, Thai, Korean and Vietnamese.
Shakti is a not-for-profit organization committed to improving the physical and emotional well-being
of migrant and refugee women and families of Asian, Middle Eastern and African origins. Our work is
aimed at empowerment and creating violence-free communities while working towards social justice
and community integration. We are looking for Counsellors to join our Counselling Unit to work with
individuals, children and families.
As a Counsellor in Shakti, you will be expected to:
- Deliver counselling to women, children and or families.
- Conduct in-house psycho-educational Programmes for vulnerable women and children
affected by domestic violence.
- Be competent in English, spoken and written.
- Be good at report-writing, documentation, and general administration.
- Be empathetic.
- Be a good team player and have efficient time management skills.
- Have your own transport and be flexible to travel.
- Have ability to work in a cross-cultural setting.
- Be ethical and accountable.
Knowledge of Facilitation skills will be a bonus. The Counsellor will receive training to deliver the
If you are entitled to work in New Zealand, possess a valid driver’s licence and car, and are keen to
give back to your community, this role could be career defining!
The contracting will be either part-time or on a fee-based structure and will be commensurate with
qualifications and experience. Provisionally registered Counsellors also welcome to apply.
If interested, please email your CV & covering letter to email@example.com